Term Share Certificates
When it is time to invest, look to HEBFCU Term Share Certificates. With an investment of $1,000 or more you can lock into a fixed rate for a period of time that you choose.
You benefit from:
- Competitive dividends paid on all Certificate terms
- Higher rates for higher balances
- Security of a guaranteed rate of return
- The choice of crediting your dividends to an account or having them reinvested in the Certificate
- Automatic renewal at the end of the term for the same term at the current rate
- Balance may result in preferred loan rates or waived service charge on Classic Checking Account
- A 10-day Grace Period gives you time at maturity to decide on your next investment without being charged a penalty
A penalty may be imposed if any of the principal in your account is withdrawn before the maturity date. The penalty will equal ninety (90) days dividends on your account with a term of six months or less; one hundred eighty (180) days dividends on accounts with a term of 12 months; one hundred eighty (180) days dividends on accounts with a term of 24 months; three hundred sixty-five (365) days dividends on accounts with a term of 36 months or greater. The penalty will be imposed regardless of whether dividends equal to the amount of the penalty have been earned at the time of withdrawal. To the extent that dividends in the account at the time of withdrawal are insufficient to pay the entire penalty assessed, the penalty will be assessed against principal.