Enjoy Financial Flexibility this Holiday Season with Skip-a-Pay
With the holidays right around the corner, could you use some extra cash? HEBFCU’s Skip-a-Pay1 program offers you financial flexibility when you need it most.
This program allows you to skip the payment(s) on your eligible loans for one month. You can choose to skip either the month of November or the month of December. Whether you make weekly, bi-weekly or monthly payments, you can save this money and use it for other holiday expenses.
You can access Skip-a-Pay in NetBranch online or the mobile app. Loans that are eligible for Skip-a-Pay will be displayed in NetBranch 1-2 days after you make the final loan payment for the preceding month.
- You’ll find Skip-a-Pay displayed on the “My Accounts” home page of NetBranch online.
- In the mobile app, click on More at the bottom of the home screen and then select Skip-a-Pay.
- Your payment(s) must be made for the month preceding the month you choose to skip. For example, if you choose to skip December, your November payment(s) must be made before you can request the skip.
- There is a $20.00 processing fee for each loan you include in the program, and you can select to pay the fee from your checking or savings account at HEBFCU. The Skip-a-Pay prompt will appear when you have at least $20.00 available balance in your account.
- You’ll be eligible to skip your payment(s) for one month if your loan was opened at the credit union before June 1, 2023.
- Real estate loans, including home equity loans, and lines of credit are not included in the program. Loans secured with a certificate or savings account are also excluded from Skip-a-Pay.
If your loan payments are made by a systematic transfer from an HEBFCU checking or savings account, the transfer will not be made, and the funds will remain in the account. If you mail your loan payments, or make payments as a manual transfer through NetBranch Digital Banking or use Bill Pay through NetBranch, you can skip the payment(s) for the month you choose.
If your loan payment(s) are scheduled to transfer automatically through NetBranch or from another financial institution, you will need to cancel the scheduled transfer. Don’t forget to reschedule your transfer so your payments resume in time.
As always, call or text us at 210.938.7850 if you have questions about signing up for Skip-a-Pay. Representatives will be available to assist you from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday.
1 Using Skip-a-Pay will extend the maturity date of your loan. Interest will continue to accrue on the unpaid balance during the month you skip a payment and there will be a $20.00 nonrefundable processing fee for each loan you choose to include in the program. You must be in good standing and all your loans current to participate. The credit union reserves the right to refuse any request to skip a payment.